The Brief

We were tasked with creating an image-sharing app, similar to instagram, for a niche audience. We were tasked with creating an image-sharing app, similar to instagram, for a niche audience. We were tasked with creating an image-sharing app, similar to instagram, for a niche audience.

01

preliminary work

First, I completed extensive research, looked for inspiration, interaction examples, and established a user persona for the concept. I also established some typical pathways a user might take through the application.

02

sketches

Secondly, I began sketching out ideas for interactions and basic screens. I was looking to establish visual hierarchy and clear, concise, pathways through the application.

03

wireframes

I then digitized my sketches into simple, black and white wireframes. This helped me establish a clear hierarchy and start to organize the main features of the app.

04

visual comps

Finally, I began to establish a visual direction. I chose my typography, created the logo, and also established a simple color palette.

05

animated interactions

The final step in the process was to establish the animations and transitions for several interactions within the app.

Summary

PINS creates a sense of community between individuals who would otherwise be strangers. They share a common experience and, while an amazing opportunity, it can be daunting. PINS allows exchange students to share their experiences with one another.